Game Designer, Game Mechanics, Feature Briefs, Level Design, Video Production, QA, Technical Writing
Producer, Scheduling, Process Development, JIRA, Project Management, Presenting, Budgeting, Agile
Programmer, C++, Java, Python, Unity, PHP, SQL, XML, XSL, Actionscript, Git, Regular Expressions
SELECTED EXPERIENCE (Everything that is underlined is a clickable hyperlink.)
- Assembled two teams for virtual reality Austin game jams.
- Exhibited the Vive games to national virtual reality companies and won SXSW badges.
- Continued to polish the experiences before public distribution.
- Contributed programming to a project for the award-winning studio Double Fine.
- Participated in status meetings with a variety of developers.
- Distributed the game to over 12,500 people worldwide through Humble Bundle.
- Led a team of seven people in creating a virtual reality meditation experience.
- Selected by Merge VR to be a part of their video promotions in retail stores.
- Received a 4.5/5 rating on Google Play after being downloaded over 5,000 times.
- Designed and programmed parody games for Pony Island, Duplicade, and Barfcade.
- Streamed the games live on Twitch as part of Fantastic Fest.
- Out of the 63 games, voted #1 in the game jam’s main category of “Inscrutability.
Flatirons Solutions, Software Documentation Project Coordinator / Technical Writer (2010 – Present)
- Managed software documentation in DITA/S1000D for companies around the globe.
- Authored manuals on how to disassemble, install, and repair parts on airplanes.
- Programmed automation tools to boost productivity for other employees.
The Art of Video Games in Austin, Founder (2009 – Present)
- Hosted over 175 video game community events around Austin.
Wonder-Space Computer Camp, Head of Austin Branch / Curriculum Designer (2004, 2009)
- Supervised counselors in teaching game design, programming, and video courses.
- Wrote and taught detailed tutorials for game creation software and Adobe CS.
Videogame Scrapbook, Web Designer / Writer (2008 – 2014)
Independent Film “Kill Self“, Director / Post-Production Supervisor (2007 – 2009)
- Presented a proposal for attracting a larger audience to the MMO game Exteel.
- Organized a technical presentation detailing a surround sound solution for SXSW.
- Designed gameplay flow diagrams and feature briefs for what became NFS: Nitro.
- Playtested and recommended refinements for builds of NFS: Undercover.
- Prepared feature brief videos and sizzle trailers demonstrating games’ marketability.
- Created a series of web games exploring experimental gameplay concepts.
- Designed a game for the blind and used feedback from Austin’s blind community.
- Presented a business plan and societal analysis to a panel of game industry veterans.
University Filmmakers Alliance, Video Project Contest Coordinator (2004 – 2005)
Electronic Game Developers Society “Fight for Freedom”, Game Project Lead (2002 – 2006)
The University of Texas at Austin, BS for Radio-Television-Film / Certificate for Computer Science (2003 – 2006)